Blue Light Protecting Reading Glasses
Blue Light Protection Reading Glasses
on average spend over half their waking hours in front of digital
screens such as computers, smart phones, tablets and televisions. These
devices emit strong, high energy, blue light. Our use of energy
efficient CFL bulbs in our homes also contributes to our increased
exposure to blue light.
- Blue light is the shortest wavelength visible light perceived as violet-blue to light blue. It is just above harmful UV light in the light spectrum.
- The short
wavelengths scatter easily, causing glare, reducing contrast and
contributing to eye fatigue and CVS - Computer Vision Syndrome - digital
eyestrain resulting from our electronic gadgets.
- Exposure to blue light has been linked to retinal damage, including Macular Degeneration and Cataracts.
- Blue light suppresses the body's production of Melatonin, the hormone that controls our biological clock. Expsoure to blue light at night can disrupt a restful night's sleep, and make us suspecpible to diseases associated with sleep disorders. Excposure to blue light should be reduced 2-3 hours before bed time, to prevent sleep disruption.
- Several studies have linked increased blue light exposure with increased hunger, eating disorders and supproseed Glucose production.
of us would not consider exposing our eyes to UV damage outdoors,
utilizing the protection providedby quality sunglasses. We now need to
consider protecting our eyes indoors from harmful rays.
GoodGlasses Blue Light Protecting Glasses utilize specially developed filters to reduce indoor exposure to Blue Light, while increasing contrast and relaxed viewing of digital device and reading with CFL lights. Eyestrain s reduced, color reproduction is preserved, while receiving the physical benefits of reducing our exposure to Blue Light.
Available with no power, reading magnification, and weak +1.25 magnification, for viewing monitors and other intermediate distances 24-30", for those who wear reading glasses for near vision.
- Improved visual acuity and night vision.
- Better depth and color perception.
- Protection against UV rays and high-energy blue light.
- Improved contrast and reduced glare.